Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011



Hey Everyone!

Hi my name is Kristen and I am in a rut...so I'm in need of some help/advice/mojo.

I CANNOT get my ass to the gym, I don't know what to do! Nothing seems to motivate me, and I mean NOTHING! Rick is getting up every morning @ 5:30 asking me to go, and I just can't find it in me to go. I haven't worked out in well over 6 weeks, and I haven't lost a lb in over 6 months! I NEED to get back on track and I NEED to lose these last 15 lbs to get me to a normal BMI. I can't find it in me, the idea of going to the gym seems like torture to me right now and I don't know why. I know once I start going and get back into a routine I'll be fine, but I just don't know how to do that. The answer seems so simple, just deal with it and go..but the idea of setting foot in the gym makes me want to cry...am I going crazy? Last night Rick asked me if I wanted to go to the gym in the morning and I just cried. Do I want to go to the gym? Hell NO! Do I need to? Hell YES! What is the sudden irrational fear of the gym? Has this ever happened to anyone?

Rick and I have the same band dr. and he has been going regular for check ups and fills- she mentioned at the last appt. that she hasn't seen me in 6 months and told him to tell me to come in. FANTASTIC. That's going to be a great appt. NOT! I'm up probably 2 lbs from the last time she saw me. Do I need a fill? NO! Do I need an un-fill? Possibly. I just don't know what I want or need. I am so mentally and physically confused. Some days I eat just fine, other's I PB everything. Am I eating the wrong foods? Sometimes...but yesterday it was just chicken that did it.

Sorry for this rambling and whiny post...I just don't know what to do. Any advice would be appreciated! Love you guys!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Kristen,
    Sorry to hear you are struggling. I think you should forget about the 2 lbs and go see the doc. I'm not suggesting that you need a fill/unfill. I just think getting in there and talking to them about how you are feeling and doing is a good idea and may be very beneficial to you.
    Take care and big cyber hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe going to see the doctor would help you get back into the right mind set, I know that it helps me when I feel like I'm all over the place.

    Plus, you need to give yourself a break. You just went through all the stress of planning a wedding and to gain only 2lbs through that, well, that is a HUGE accomplishment.

    When I get out of my exercise groove during the week, I force myself to exercise on both Saturday and Sunday and then by the time Monday comes around I want to keep it up. Try that this weekend and give yourself a pass on the rest of this week.

    My husband is banded and it's very very hard to watch him lose weight so much quicker than I do. He actually made a comment to me this morning "not walking today?" and I almost bit his head off. He didn't mean it the way I took it but I took it as criticism instead of he just asking if I was going or not. If you ever need to vent or anything, please know you can email me!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you will go see your doctor, maybe the two of you can work together to make the plan that will get those last pesky 15lbs. off. You are so close! You have done such a great job so far- don't give up, don't give in and know that we are all here for you. I see success in your future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would go see my doc ASAP! You'll get there - visiting the doc may even give you that spur on that you need!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 lbs is NOTHING lady!
    But I do think seeing the doc is the way to go! Sometimes if we do something we don't want to do it turns out being just what we need. Re motivate. Find a new class to try. You can do it

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that maybe talking with your doctor may give you some insight into what is going through your head. i am sure they are very used to seeing patients in similar situations. Give it a try and don't sweat those 2 lbs! :) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww...well one thing you needn't do is beat yourself up. What has happened has happened. Go see your doc, make a plan and start again. It isn't like you are starting over!

    Does your doctor have a support group? I turned my nose up at the thought at first, but now I find that they are SOOO motivating for me and I always learn something new.

    You CAN do this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi I am your newest follower....how did I find you? I followed the very awesome holiday challenge badge that you did in 2010 I think it was. Let me just say that was an awesome idea and I do love the badge. I love the blog also. About your recent issue.....just go to the doctor and let your husband motivate you. Most of the time all we need to do is allow someone else to motivate us.......good luck. The horse is waiting for you to get back on....giddy up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Love! You sound just like me!! I don't need an unfill but I certainly don't need a fill either. If I am not loosing it's because I am not eating the right stuff. I don't work out like crazy.....I have just been going for like a 30 minute walk here and there when I can. Count your cals for a little while that always helps me. You can do it, we all go through these stages!!!!

    Breanne
    www.ladylapband.com

    ReplyDelete