Pages

Monday, June 29, 2009

2nd Post

Good Morning, So it's been a week...not too much has happened. Last Tuesday I went to the hospital to meet my surgeon and to have my 2nd meeting with my nutritionist. My surgeon was sooo nice, I felt really comfortable with him. He discussed with me my different options for surgery, and I told him my reasoning for wanting Lap Band. We decided that it would be a good fit for me, and he addressed all my questions and concerns. Next I met with Karen, the nutritionist, and she weighed me...I only lost 2 lbs :( nothing was said about this though, so I guess I'm all set. She discussed my meal choices with me, and then I was on my way. Next I had to have blood work to test my thyroid, eeek. I am soooo not good with having blood work, I was balling my eyes out, but it was quick and easy. They said they would only call if there was a problem, its been a week so I'm guessing I'm in the clear.

My next step in this process is on July 13th. I start my 4 week behavioral classes, I have to go for (4) Monday's from 5:30-7, to learn about the different behavioral and mental things that come with getting weight loss surgery. These should be interesting.

I am getting very anxious about the whole insurance process. The nurse practitioner called me Friday to let me know Aetna would not approve me until they received more information. They needed my weight history and diet history. I don't know why she submitted my paperwork without my weight history, that seems kinda kooky to me. Today she should get all that information, and I'm not sure if she will re-submit it all right away or not. I hate not knowing anything about this process, it scares the crap out of me.

I think that's about it for now :)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck and I hope it moves right through for you. I started this last year in Sept and my band will be in on July 20! YEAH for me. I have a blog too, it's fun to share and learn from other's experiences. I'll be watching you!

    ReplyDelete