Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Inspiration for surgery

I wanted to share with everyone, the picture that made me realize
how out of control my weight had become. This picture was taken on New Year's Eve of this year, Rick and I were invited to a "gold party" the only gold shirt I could find on short notice was this silk, shiny one. I had thought I looked great that night. A few days later pictures were posted from the night, and all I could do was cry. I was so embarrassed that I had let myself go out of the house looking like this, thinking I looked good. After I got over the initial shock, I decided to print the picture out and post it on my desk as my "inspiration picture". Everytime that I didn't want to go to the gym, or wanted to eat something horrible for me, I would look at this picture and it would help me to make the right decision. It was April when I finally decided that going to the gym wasn't enough, I needed more. I made my appointment with my lap band surgeon, and the rest is history.
I just wanted to share this with everyone, because I think it's important everyone has a picture that they can look back to when they get discouraged. There are days when I feel I look huge and disgusting, and all I have to do is look back to this picture and realize how far I have come this year.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for being so open and honest and for sharing your pic with us. I'm sure it wasn't easy but I agree, we all have the "same" picture of ourselves. Nothing wrong with being motivated by that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Kristen! I totally understand that feeling of "I thought I looked great and then saw the pictures". It's devestating. I still have my skinny pictures on my facebook page and have it set so that only I can see the tagged ones. Cannot wait until I match those skinny pics! You're doing great!!

    ReplyDelete