Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

So many thoughts!











Ahhh, I feel like I have so much to talk about with everyone!

First off, I get my 2nd fill tomorrow and am super excited. I am hoping to get 1.5 cc's I got 2 on my first so that would put me @ 3.5!

Second, sometimes I think how horrible it is living in Boston and having such a crappy commute. Well today is one of those days when I love Boston. Every once in awhile I get a phone call to do a focus group. For those of you who don't know what focus groups are, its when marketers of various products have an agency get a group of random people together to ask questions to about the product and pay the people for their time and opinions. I've done them for razors, blackberry's, computers etc. Well today I got a phone call to do one, and guess what it was for?!? LAP-BAND! How cool will that be?? This one is a little different then ones I have done in the past though, it is a telephone interview and will last about an hr. I will get paid $100 for it though, which is the best part!
Third, I got my lap band ID card. For those of you who aren't banded yet or haven't gotten your ID card I've attached pics! When I went for my first fill, the nurse gave me the information kit to send away for the card. I guess it's just an ID card to keep with you in case of emergency so that dr's know you have the band. You can also use it at restaurants to order smaller portions or off the kids's menu. woo hoo!

Fourth, I have done such an awesome job getting my ass out of bed every morning and to the gym! I am so proud of myself. For the past 3 weeks I have gone 4 days a week before work! This is huge for me! I'm just hoping I can keep it up!

I think that's about it....sorry for such a random post!

4 comments:

  1. I do focus groups too! I need to update my profile with the company I do them with to let them know I am banded (or will be in 2 days). Don't you just love getting paid to talk?

    Great job on getting to the gym in the morning. I guess I should re-up my membership here at work so I can start going, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool post, I used to do some focus group stuff also. I need to find a resource around here...thanks!
    Hope the fill is easy and perfect for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job on the exercise Kristen!! Especially in the morning...it's so hard! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're proud of you?? I'm proud of you too!! You're an amazing girl doing an amazing job! Really well done! x

    ReplyDelete