Friday, September 11, 2009

*YAY* I did it!!

I just had my first fill this morning and it went great! She gave me 2 cc's which was fine with me. So in case anyone wants to know the whole process I'll fill you in. When I first got to the hospital I had to fill out a form, it asked questions about how much water I've been drinking, how many protein shakes, what my diet consisted of, how many snacks a day, my hunger level, and exercise routine. I didn't lie, and said that I had been eating small amount of chicken and beef. After this form was complete the nurse called me in and weighed me, down 25lbs on their scale! wahooo! I then sat in the procedure room for 15 minutes waiting for the nurse practitioner. She finally came in and asked how I had been feeling, any pain etc. She noticed that I had written chicken on the form, and questioned me about it. I told her that I was really good the first 2 weeks post-op, but after that I started to get really hungry so I introduced the chicken gradually into my diet. She just told me to be careful. I then laid down on the table and she felt around my tummy, she said she wanted to get a good idea of where the port was. She took a marker and made a few marks around the edges of the port, and then got the cleaning stuff and wiped down my stomach. She then got the needle, (i didn't watch any of this) and put into my stomach about a half inch below my incision. Once in she wiggled around a lot, and kept saying things like hmm and ahhhh, this took about 4 minutes, which I think is a lot longer then normal and then she finally hit the spot and filled me up.

She told me I could come back in 4-6 weeks for my next fill, and that they will need to do some routine blood work @ this visit and to make an appt on my way out. When I got to the scheduling person I asked for it to be closer to 4 weeks if possible. She said how about October 1st? In my head I'm thinking hmm I think that's only 3 weeks away, SWEET! So my 2nd fill is in 20 days, wahoooo!


  1. OOOh! How exciting.. glad it went well. BUT yoiks! Four minutes for a fill? - I think mine takes like 30 seconds from start to finish. Hope she improves on that time next up as that's a long time for you to lay there while she mucks around.
    Hope you get some nice restriction though, darl!

  2. My first fill is this Tuesday! Sounds like yours went fairly smooth. How are you feeling today? Restriction? Able to eat?

  3. Good luck with your fill! I am feeling good today, not really any restriction. I ate raviolis for dinner just fine, I had 3 normal sized ones and was satisfied, so I guess that's a good thing! :)