Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Super Yummy Dinner!

Since I was home from work sick today, and Rick was beginning to not feel so hot, I decided I wanted some yummy home cooking. I found a low-fat chicken pot pie recipe, and went shopping. I followed this recipe to a T, using chicken from the rotisserie @ the grocery store. Rick and I were both really pleased with the results, and the best part is how super easy it is! Here it is:

Cook Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients:
• 2 cups chopped cooked chicken (white meat)
• 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
• 1 10.75-ounce can 98% fat-free, reduced-sodium condensed mushroom soup
• 1 cup reduced fat all-purpose baking mix
• 1/2 cup fat free milk
• 1 egg

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine chicken, frozen vegetables and undiluted soup in an 8 x 8-inch baking dish. Whisk baking mix, milk and egg together until blended. Pour over chicken and vegetables. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top is golden.
Serves 4.
Per Serving: Calories 280, Calories from Fat 52, Total Fat 5.9g (sat 1.7g) Cholesterol 89mg, Sodium 793mg, Carbohydrate 36.1g, Fiber 3.8g, Protein 21g

1 comment: