Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

New low and good times!

Yesterday I weighed myself for the love myself challenge and was pleasantly surprised that onederland decided to come out of hiding! I weighed in @ 199.1! YESSSSS! I didn't have the best week exercise wise, but I tried my best to make up for it with my food choices, and low and behold, it worked!

I need some advice, I have been having a really difficult time waking up in the morning and getting myself to the gym. Are there any tricks or things you guys do to motivate yourself to get out of bed?? Going at night is out of the question, so I really need to learn to wake up! I'm thinking it has a lot to do with the weather, and how cold and dark it is...but I really don't want to make excuses up for this.

Saturday night I made dinner for Rick and I. I tried this new recipe that came in this month's cooking light, and it was DELISH! It is called Blue Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Buffalo Sauce, here is the link to the recipe. I definitely recommend trying this...I was feeling a little loose the night I made it, and was able to eat about 1 1/2 breasts....oops! But it was so worth every bite!

Also for a NSV this weekend I did a little shopping, I went to Old Navy and Target. At old navy I was able to buy 4 tops, all is size LARGE! The XL's were actually swimming on me! I don't remember the last time I was able to buy large's and feel comfortable in them, 2 of them have buttons, and they all close! At Target I saw a cute pair of jean capris, and I tried on a pair 16 and THEY FIT! Shopping is becoming more and more fun, I love it!

12 comments:

  1. Wow! I can not wait till I can shop and fell good about myself. My name is Mary and I am from Alabama. I am in the process of getting the lap band surgery! I have to go on a 6 month diet before my insurance will approve :( I love reading your blog! You are doing great!!!! Oh, and I have a blog check it out if you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo!

    You are doing AMAZING!!

    I am not a morning person and tend to work out at night :( at home so can't help you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to onederland!!! You will never leave here again:-)

    How good does it feel to fit in Lge?

    You are doing awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mornings have ALWAYS been hard for me. One thing I've dont over the last few years is no matter what I don't push the snooze button. Regardless of how tired I am, I get up. I might not be moving at top speed, but as long as I force myself out of bed and to start my morning routine, I'm moving. It becomes easier and easier and more of a habit after time.

    Congrats on your NSV...what a great feeling!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Onderland - how onederful for you! And great NSV - I love Old Navy :) The recipe looks yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I wanna make that recipe! Sounds really yummy!! And yippeee for a number that starts with '1' ..can't wait to see that awesome number!!

    And I'm struggling with trying to fit gym time in my daily sched. and it would be so "easy" to go for a few hours in the early a.m .. but to go out in the dark/cold and maybe even scrape off the car..boooo :(

    I might just stick with night time workouts for now and then start early a.m gym when it is nice out..and that might get the ball rolling to keep up with it ..?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm late for the happy dance, but I assure you, I am dancing!!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on Onederland! Enjoy those shopping trips, you earned 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...onederland and clothes fitting....congratulations. With the wwaking up in the morning I just wake up...thinkof my goals and then decide if I want to go back to sleep or not. Usually the doing of said goal (gym) makes me feel so wonderful all day or proud of myself for going that it beats the urge to sleep in or the feeling of guilt/ dasspointment in myself if I don't go. Making plans to meet a friend and laying all my clothes out the night before really help me too. Let us know how you get on...good luck

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah Kristen!! So excited for you. Size L shirts and 199. Rock on lady!!

    ReplyDelete