Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Trainer Session #3 and a lil update


This morning bright and early @ 5:45am, I had my 3rd training session with Jackie my trainer. Today she brought me a present! She bought me "The Eat-Clean Diet Workout Journal" She thought this would be a good way to start tracking my workouts, so I had a visual of how I'm doing. It has a ton of pages to log each day's workout, where you can list the exercise, how many reps, the weight, and the number of sets. Also the cardio activity and any notes. The journal also has inspirational quotes on each page, anatomy charts, and progress pages to log your weight and measurements. I thought this was so thoughtful and sweet of her to do for me after only 3 sessions!


Our session today consisted of stair runs, and using a new device I've never used called the TRX (picture above) Basically you hang it behind a door and it is a suspension trainer. I literally thought that when I was putting all my weight on it that I might rip the door of it's hinges...but I didn't!! Jackie said her 350lbs husband uses it and doesn't have any difficulty, so that was comforting! I used this device to do squats, bridges, push ups, back row's, tricep dips, bicep curls, and a plank! It was awesome! I would love to buy one for the house, but I just looked it up and they are about $200, so I think I'll wait on that one! As for the stair runs she had me run up and down 2 staircases 3 times fast, 3 different times (if that makes sense...lol) I got really winded from this, and my heart rate monitor hit 196! eeek! At the end my HRM said I burned 288 calories in this half hour long session, last week it said 411! Not too shabby! I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow! She also went over my diet with me, I had given her my food log from 2 weeks ago and she went over and gave me opinion. I had gone to the movies one of those days and eaten a small movie theatre popcorn AND a bag of m&ms. She suggested if I know I'm going ahead of time, make a trail mix with nuts, and mini chocolate chips so I still get that sweet and salty mix I like, but for not nearly the same amount of calories. I really liked this idea, and think its completely doable. She also would like me to start eating greek yogurt for breakfast instead of Zone bars, she said it should be fill me up longer and is healthier..I can manage this one, I just like the convenience of the bars. Other then those things she said everything looked good, she would jsut like me to try and incorporate more fruits and vegetables into my diet.
Soooo I have a NSV to share! Last weekend I went outlet shopping and was able to buy a pair of size 14 denim capris @ Ann Taylor Loft. I've never been able to shop in this store before, and was so excited to fit into these. I am wearing them today, even though it's 40 degrees and raining haha.
I am little frustrated on the restriction front. Ever since my unfill last week I feel like I could eat ANYTHING...sort of like being in bandster hell again. I went out to dinner Friday night and was able to eat almost my entire serving of Gnocchi's! That's not good. So now I'm in a hard place, my next fill appointment isn't until May 10th, and they are completely booked until then. I feel as if maybe they took out more then .2, because when I was @ 7cc's before I felt a lot more restriction then this. Not sure what to do...I guess I just need to be strong and use some will power.
On the challenge front, everything is off to a GREAT start. 6 people have contributed to the pay pal account so far, bringing us to $30 as of 8:30am this morning. wooooo! Bathing suit season here we come!!! Hope everyone has a fantastic day! xxoo

9 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed that you can workout in the mornings before work. I just can't make myself do that, you are inspiring! It sounds like your trainer is kicking your butt which is a great thing!

    I'm so excited for our challenge to start too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just about to say the same thing. I would LOVE to get my butt up and going at 5am. You really are on a roll so keep up the good work! That back of the door thing looks scary

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOH! That thing looks naughty! I would be SO afraid I would rip the door down as well :) You know, I take soy crisps and dried fruit (mangos, etc) to the movies with me to help if I want to munch. They dont taste ANYWHERE as good but it does keep me away from the yummy popcorn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 14 woot woot! Have you asked to be put on a cancellation list at your dr office?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, a size 14! I can't wait to walk into ATL and buy pants! Your training sounds so awesome, way to go! I have been wondering what to do about eating in the morning. I will have a Zone bar only on the mornings that I work out because they have a lot of carbs and sugars. Then I have the Greek yogurt on my off days... <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the 14s.
    Your trainer sounds great. It's nice to have someone interested in you and your progress...even if you're paying them to be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristen, I'm hoping that it would be okay to send in my paypal $ as well as my photos on Monday, instead of Sunday. I forgot that I am leaving for CA tomorrow, and will be away from a camera, and scales (!!!) until Sunday night. Is that a problem? I'm so looking forward to this challenge! Let me know, if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course that is fine! No Worries! Have a nice and safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that contraption looks really hard...good on you. Sorry to hear about the unfill...I have been MIA the last 2 weeks. Your trainer sounds great and I love the trail mix idea. I have paid my money and will put my picture up soon....I need to set a goal too. Thanks again for organising it all

    ReplyDelete