Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2009

boom boom POW!

Last night I got to go to my first bridal show with my best friend, my maid of honor Stef. We were really excited to go, and to find out what they were all about. On our way there (it was about 45 minutes away) we hit a little bit of traffic. I slow down, look in my rear view mirror, think to myself hmmm this guy behind me doesn't look to me slowing down, then BAM! we were hit :( This was my first accident I have ever been in, and hopefully my last. We are really lucky there wasn't much damage and neither of us got hurt, just really shaken up. We were able to pull over the breakdown lane, and I immediately get out of the car and start yelling at this guy (probably not the best idea, but it was the hear of the moment) He apologized and said he didn't notice us stopping quick enough. I called the police and they came, and handled everything, his car was totaled and had to be towed, but mine was drivable. Stef and I decided we had come this far, we might as well still go to the show so we went. It was a good time, I think they are best if you have a specific vendor in mind and know they will be at the show. They were offering awesome deals for signing up at the show. We got to try a few samples of cake mmmm yummy, I counted this as my dinner lol.

The scale was in a good mood this morning, yay! My lowest I've weighed so far was 2 weeks ago @ 215, and for the past week I have been going between 220 and 218 well finally this morning I was back to 216. I have been doing pretty good eating, haven't gotten stuck since Monday so that's a plus! Tonight I am hosting speed dating, it should be a good time. The group is for 35-45 single adults, I've never done an older group before, so it should be fun!

This Saturday Rick and I have to take a compatibility test with the priest that will be marrying us. I guess it takes about an hour and there are about 150 questions on it. After we are done the scores will get sent to the priest and then we will have to have another meeting with him to go over problem areas. Needless to say neither of us are too excited about this haha. I think we'll do OK though, we have discussed all major areas of concern I think. We will see.....

Sunday I am doing my first 5K walk! My mom, 2 aunts, 2 cousins and I are doing the Strides for Breast Cancer Walk in Portland ME. I am really excited for this and think it will be a great family day. On of my aunts was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and will be having a mastectomy the day after our walk, so it couldn't have come at a better time.

I think that's all I have for an update, I hope everyone is having a good day, it's almost the weekend WAHOOO!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you weren't hurt! Sorry about the accident....what a bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sorry, car accidents suck, to put it mildly! So glad to hear you were not hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEK! I am so happy you weren't hurt - any accident is scary (been there, done that!!) Hey congrats on your new low.. thats just brilliant. Sounds like you have a busy weekend planned. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about the accident, glad you weren't hurt, though!

    The 5 km walk will be a blast, especially since you'll have family with you.

    You and Rick are an adorable couple. I like that idea of pre-martial testing/counselling- really cool and probably a great discussion starter!

    ReplyDelete