Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Heart Rate

I have a question for everyone....When working out and doing cardio, what is your heart rate normally? Yesterday I noticed mine was in the 160-170's and Rick's was only at 130. I pointed it out to him, and he said that mine was way to high and it was bad. What's going on here, why is mine so high, and is it bad? I think we've all seen the charts on the cardio equipment that show the ideal heart rates for the fat burning zone and cardio zone, I am above the cardio zone, I'm a little worried now. An example of my typical workout is the elliptical for 30 mins, and this usually equals 250 calories burned and 2.30 miles....is this normal? Thanks in advance for any advice!

2 comments:

  1. Kristen - Each of us has a maximum target heart rate. It typically has to do with your age and your weight....but you should google it. You should try to be under your max heart rate but your max rate is likely different from Ricks. Also, when I first started the couch to 5k thing the first time around, I was always hitting or even going over my max, so I would have to stop running. Today when I restarted, and now down a bit in weight, I didn't get close to it. Hope that helps....

    ReplyDelete
  2. My is usually around 130-140 but on occasion when I am really working out hard I have seen it as high as 160. I am not sure why your would be up so high.......you should ask Corrine when you get your fill in a coiuple days.

    www.ladylapband.com

    ReplyDelete