Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Workout Barbie!

This was my dinner last night, it was really good! It was an old weight watcher recipe that I had.


Ingredients
2 spray(s) cooking spray
1/2 cup(s) plain fat-free yogurt
1 Tbsp paprika, sweet-variety, divided
15 item(s) saltine crackers, crushed into crumbs
1 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
16 oz uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, four 4 oz thin pieces

Instructions
Preheat broiler and coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Place yogurt and 1 teaspoon of paprika in a small shallow bowl; mix to combine. Combine cracker crumbs, salt, pepper and remaining 2 teaspoons of paprika on a large shallow pie plate; stir to combine. Place each chicken cutlet in yogurt mixture and turn to coat. Next, place chicken in crumb mixture, turning to coat both sides and pressing lightly to make crumbs stick.
Place coated chicken on prepared baking sheet and lightly spray with cooking spray. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat source until golden brown and cooked through, flipping once, about 4 to 5 minutes per side.


On another note, this morning I woke up super early to go to the gym and I did my first group class! It was called muscles and I really liked it. This is the class description: This class uses hand weights, resistance bands, resist-a-balls, and other equipment to tone and sculpt the entire body. Concentration is on toning all of the major muscle groups of the upper and lower body. I feel like was a great workout and that I got to work a lot of muscles that normally don't get much attention. I will definitely be going back for this one, the first one is always the hardest because you don't know anyone in the class or know what to expect. It is offered M,W,F so that will perfect.

Tomorrow I get my 3rd fill, eeeek! I am excited and nervous. I have a list of questions to ask the Dr. My heart rate was up to 180 today on the elliptical, pretty sure this isn't safe lol. I think they will be doing blood work also so they can check up on my levels. That will be a good thing to get done, since I haven't had it done since surgery. I wonder how everythings looking?? Let's all hope for some restriction and happy vitamin levels!! Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Mhmmm I will definitely try that recipe. I haven't been cooking much so that's just the thing I need :-)

    Sounds like an awesome class. I am enjoying exercise so much more now that I've lost some weight. I see the difference more and that's more encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The recipe looks yum!! Am going to do that one.
    When I saw your heading I was thinking.. "What another Barbie, to go with Hairdresser Barbie, Doctor Barbie etc .. doh to me lol
    Congrats on getting up to exercise. Hope you're not too sore today lol That first one with weights is a killer!

    ReplyDelete