Pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

I'm a Star!

I made it! I completed my first 5K yesterday at the Making Strides for Breast Cancer in Portland Maine. It was actually a lot tougher then I expected, I'm not sure if this was due to the hilly terrain, the disgusting weather, or me being really out of shape lol. It was a great family activity though, and I got lots of compliments for planning it. The best part is, I made it on the news! Here is the link http://www.wmtw.com/video/21333958/index.html)http://www.wmtw.com/video/21333958/index.html if you are super bored you can watch it and look for me. You can see me around the 1.25 mark I'm in the pink coat :)

So everything got straightened out with my car. It will be going into the shop next week, and insurance is handling everything. Yipppeeee.

I did pretty good eating this weekend. Saturday night Rick and I ate in, and he made chicken parm. I had one small piece and was satisfied. Sunday morning I had 2 pieces of low cal bread with PB for breakfast, then for lunch after the walk we went to a pub and I had a cheeseburger without the roll, and last night I had my first ever Sonic experience!! They just built the first one in New England about 5 miles from our house, and the line is always 30 min or longer. Rick had been out all day, and decided to try and go on his way home, and for the first time since they opened there wasn't a line! I had no idea what to get but wanted everything! I had a few chili cheese tater tots, about half of a grilled chicken sandwich, and a diet cherry limeade slush. I loved the slush and tater tots, the sandwich not so much. I'm glad I've finally got this Sonic urge over with! Today for lunch I had leftover chicken parm and got stuck :( I was really hungry and excited for it, and guess I ate too fast. I had about 3 bites and then slimmed for the next 30 minutes. I even had to change my shirt cause I made such a mess :( OOPS! I go for my 3rd fill in 3 days, hopefully that will help the scales move. I was good this morning though, and went to the gym and did the elliptical. It really helps now that Rick has joined with me, it makes it so much easier to get out of bed in the morning. Hope everyone else had a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. I had to chuckle because I still haven't had sonic but I know that if they opened one tomorrow I would have to go eventually, just so I can "know" what it tastes like and experience it.

    I think I'll always be that away about any food craze, new food etc

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh did the same thing yesterday - slimed on my shirt and for the life of me couldnt figure out how come the smell of sardines was so strong - doh ... I had that for lunch and the mess was on my shirt, even though I had cleaned up. How's that for gross!
    Life is busy for you - which is just great (good and bad I guess, but good for weight loss - keeps us occupied lol)
    Doing well, little chicklett.
    Cara xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool about the 5K walk! I think I saw you in that video!

    The Sonic thing totally cracks me up. I had no idea it was such a novelty! Funny because my kids always pick McD's or Wendy's over Sonic. All those times I've done the Sonic drive thru, I had no idea there was a diet limeade slushy! I know what to get next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awsome Job on the 5K!!! I always seem to get stuck at work too.... I think we are always in such a "hurry" mode at work and forget to slow down to eat...old habits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diet limeade slushy....yum!!
    Way to go on the 5k...my goal for about 6 months from now!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw you! You superstar you! =) Fill on Friday! woohooo!

    www.ladylapband.com

    ReplyDelete