Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

Here I am!


So it has been a few days since my last post, I have been super busy! I'll try to catch everyone up!
Friday: Worked 9-5, I forgot a lunch so I bought chicken teriyaki and white rice (brown wasn't available) BAD IDEA. This got stuck and I slimmed for a bit. It was my own fault though and I realize this, it was too yummy to stop. It was also Rick's bday, so I had planned a family dinner out to a nice restaurant on the ocean. I ordered roasted chicken, which came with 2 sides....dare I say I got the truffle mac and cheese and mashed potatoes?? They were sooo good, I did a really great job with my portion control, I ate all of the mac and cheese which wasn't much, and about half of the chicken and no potatoes. I know these weren't the best choices, but it's over with and I'll move on.
Saturday: Saturday I met up with my friend Breanne http://www.ladylapband.blogspot.com/ who I met on LBT. We went to lunch @ unos and had a great time! We talked for hours, about our lives and surgery. It was so nice to talk to someone going through the same situations as me. We hadn't seen each other since before my surgery, so it was well overdue. She is such a great friend to have, and I am so happy we met! Saturday night Rick and I went to an Italian restaurant for dinner, I wasn't very hungry so I just ordered a side dish of meatballs. I ate one medium sized one, got stuck and slimmed for an hour, AWESOME. Then once I recovered we went to see Couples Retreat, we both really liked it.
Sunday: Rick, and my friend Stef went to an apple farm. We did a corn maze (see the pic above) This was my first time doing one of these, it was super cool...especially since they made it family guy themed! We also picked pumpkins, went on a hay ride, and shot apples out of a cannon lol. Good ole New England! It was a blast, and it made me appreciate fall in New England.
Today: Rick and I woke up nice and early and went to the gym. I did 30 min on the elliptical and it felt great! I went and got a couple tank tops like Amy's from Old Navy that she showed in her blog last week. It was super comfy, and didn't ride up at all! I had to work today despite the holiday, but it is super quiet today so it has been a good blog catching up day :) I brought my lunch which was the 100 calorie deli flat bread, low sodium turkey, and reduced fat swiss cheese. I made an open faced sandwich out of it, and toasted it in the oven. It was DELISH, and I got pretty full of it. I think this will make it into the lunch rotation. I also wore some black pants to work today which are lane bryant 20's, they are really too big to be wearing and I have the waist folded over multiple times. These are my only nice black pants though so I decided it was time to order more. I went on lane bryant.com and didn't see any I liked, so I tried old navy. I ended up ordering 1 pair of black 18W's and a pair of 18W jeans...I'm excited to see how they fit. I will def. post pics once they come in, if they fit that is! Hope everyone is having a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Kristin, email me your address at coloradofamily@hotmail.com - no need to pay anything! I will ship you the clothes you liked. Hope they work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me a second to realize what that maze was...how funny!

    You are so lucky to have a real life banding buddy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got to celebrate Rick's b-day in style.

    Exciting to move from 20 to 18. It just feels like you're more in the average range, which makes feels great!

    Enjoy your catch up day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a fantastic and busy few days.
    And moving down the clothes scale.. nothing so exciting on earth as that. Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete