Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

*Third Fill*

I went for my third fill today, and I must say it was a success! The one thing I had been really worried about was gaining weight since my last time there, and for some reason the scale gods were on my side today and I was actually down 5 in 3 weeks! The nurse practitioner who does my fills said I was doing an awesome job, and doing everything perfectly. I asked her about my heart rate at the gym and she told me to never trust what the machine gives for a #, and to think about getting a heart rate monitor. I think I am going to get the Polar F6, does anyone have any experience with these? I found a website online, that is offering free overnight shipping and 20% off so it'd only be like $85.

As for my fill, she gave me another 1cc bringing me up to 5.5 total. She read in my file how the dr. had a hard time accessing my port last time, and how he had to stick me 4 times....she said she promised to do better, and she did! She got it on the first try and didn't have to fish around at all once inside. We were both super pumped!

We scheduled my 4th fill for November 20th which should work out well. I'll be in Aruba from the 7th-14th, so it'll give me time to come back home and get back into a normal schedule somewhat, and it's not too close to thanksgiving!

I've been eating soup all this week for lunch, and I remember being told during pre-op classes that it wasn't a good option because it's a "slider food". It has been working out really well for me though, and it's so easy to bring to work. I've been getting the Progresso Light which have about 10gms of protein and 160 calories. I think this along with a string cheese (8gms protein) is a pretty decent lunch.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Sounds like a successful fill. I only have 4ccs in my 10cc band, looking forward to my second fill next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, fourth fill huh. Far out that didn't take long to tally up. Hope it works well for you.

    ReplyDelete